Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Audrey: A Classic Beauty

I was having trouble deciding what I wanted my third post to be about.  I decided to look through some of the other blogs that I frequent for some sort of inspiration. Time led me to look around my room where I couldn't help but notice all the photos and other memorabilia hanging in my room of the infamous beauty that is Audrey Hepburn.  This post will be short and sweet with just enough to convey the message that I have always taken from the style icon. She inspires me everyday and I wish more women were inspired by her. It seems as though nowadays the women I know look up to other females who portray nothing but a "sexy" image.   For me, I believe sexy can come in many other forms besides just showing off all your. Skin. But hey, don't get me wrong, if you got it flaunt it! But just realize, that form of beauty will eventually fade away. True beauty, authentic beauty, lies within, and that is a message I want to send to my readers. As obsessed as I am with clothes and makeup and all things glamorous, I know that all beauty comes from within. If you love yourself that will radiate and other people will notice. Another point I want to make is not to shout it to the rooftops "look at me!" There is something to be said about a beautiful woman with humility!  I am going to leave you with a few of my favorite pictures of Audrey Hepburn along with some of my favorite quotes from her as well in hopes that they may inspire you as they have me.

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. 

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”









No comments:

Post a Comment